Sustainability Operations Specialist
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Resource Management Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of the resource management plan at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2018, in line with the Forum’s sustainability objectives.
Participate in the implementation of the sustainability policy
- Ensure smooth data collection process after the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2018 in view of a carbon footprint and social impact assessment
- Provide support on internal and external communications
- Provide support with the implementation of sustainability at other Forum events
- Provide support on on-going sustainability initiatives
Participate in the activities of World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2018 regarding resource management, in particular:
- Engage with relevant suppliers to ensure proper implementation of the resource management plan
- Ensure efficient training and communication of the resource management objectives to all relevant stakeholders (including staff, suppliers and participants)
- During the set-up, the event and the dismantling phases:
- Ensure proper set-up of waste collection infrastructure
- Monitor and report issues and implement corrective measures
- Collaborate with all relevant suppliers and ensure smooth and effective cooperation between the various stakeholders
- Ensure the deployment of adequate signage and communication
- Participate in the debrief process
- Collect data from waste contractors and other relevant suppliers and compile a detailed resource management report
- Dynamic, operational, analytical.
- Experience with sustainability (environmental management ideally)
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong administrative, process and data collection skills
- Detail oriented
The temporary position is for six months, starting 1 or 15 October 2017 If you meet these requirements, please apply online.Apply