Starbucks Coffee Trading Company (SCTC), based in Lausanne, an affiliate company of Starbucks Coffee Company, is responsible for all of Starbucks green coffee purchasing functions and continues an unwavering commitment to sourcing, roasting and delivering only the highest quality Arabica coffees.
- Subject to coffee and coffee production experience, will help drive the evolution and development of our Ethical Sourcing Programs standards and indicators.
- Provide support and coordination in planning events related to all aspects of the administration of Ethical Coffee Sourcing Programs program.
- Support 3rd Party audit activity preparation, verification monitoring and shadow audits.
- Track annual purchasing data for further reporting into Global Responsibility. Transparency and traceability data input, extractions, analysis. Identify problem areas, inconsistencies, etc., and raise awareness with team.
- Support CAFÉ & Cocoa Practices program development: Identification and tracking the implementation of critical indicators in addition to Zero Tolerance indicators, Multi-roaster sustainability program development and implementation.
- Lead annual external and internal audit requirements on sustainability and Ethical Sourcing. Fair Trade quarterly and annual reporting.
- Handle increasing number of internal / external compliance / traceability / transparency / tracking queries.
- Improve reliability and controls of information entered in various reporting systems, Access, Verifier Reporting System (VRS) platform. Support the implementation of new functionalities / extraction of available data for planning use by trading team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish are essential. French and Brazilian Portuguese a plus.
- Business Bachelor in agronomy or sustainability, or equivalent combination of work experiences and trainings in coffee or other agricultural commodity with varied and complex supply-chains.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive business experience in sourcing, customer service, administrative support or other analytical/business function.
- Experience in coffee & coffee origin countries desirable - a definite plus.
- Solid experience in international and multi-cultural working environments. Work experience in developing countries is an advantage.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and efficient organizational skills. Flexibility to adjust to a changing workload to ensure timely results and respect deadlines.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and working groups. Communicate effectively to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and be able to identify inefficiencies and clarify misalignments in a analytical manner that generates fair and prompt resolution of problems.
- Computer skills: Advanced Microsoft Office; proficiency in Excel, Access and general database management; Oracle; understanding of computer programming is a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to: Partner Resources, Starbucks Coffe Trading Company, Rue du Grand-Chene 1-3, 1003 Lausanne or by e-mail to email@example.com Closing date for applications: October 20th 2017.