Global Head of Sustainability
Givaudan is not only the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances, but also a place where you can impact your world and contribute to solutions that touch and delight people all over the world every day. We encourage our employees to work on varied challenges and opportunities that foster growth and promote career development. For the latest opportunities, visit Job Opportunities on Engage to grow and shape your path.
As a Global Head of Sustainability, you will be responsible for leading the company’s sustainability programme and ensuring the company reaches (or exceeds) it’s stated 2020 and 2030 targets.
You will be integrally involved in shaping the sustainability strategy with the leadership team, and may owe some stakeholder engagement relationships within and outside of the company.
You will report directly to the Head of Global Procurement and Sustainability, a member of the company’s executive committee.
In this exciting role your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Strategy Development and Implementation: you will continuously develop and adapt a sustainability vision and strategy for the company that integrates into the company’s corporate vision and strategy. You will lead strategy execution and drive the sustainability agenda accordingly. You will track and demonstrate the ROI from all sustainability actions and investments.
- Stakeholder Management: you will work closely with internal key stakeholders in order to steer the sustainability programme in accordance with the sustainability strategy and corporate guidelines. You will maintain close liaison with external stakeholders (including organisations like the UN Global compact, SEDEX, Carbon Disclosure Project, NRSC, AIM Progress) and develop across-the-board partnerships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Talent Management: you will be responsible for creating an inspiring environment for high performance within the Sustainability leadership team in a matrix organization through professional support, coaching and mentoring.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world!
You have experience of helping make sustainability relevant to a business or an organisation and know how to successfully embed sustainability into a company's operations, taking strategy to execution.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Sustainability or a related field
- Ideally 15+ years professional experience in sustainability or related fields, including a minimum of 5 years in leading a sustainability programme for an international/global company
- Proven experience in successfully executing a company’s global sustainability strategy
- At least 10 years’ experience inclusive proven track record in senior level negotiations, public speaking and stakeholder engagement, as well as leading and managing people
- Fluent in English
- Significant experience in change management and leading projects and programs
- Excellent inter-personal skills, at all levels, including with local field project staff, local communities, government agencies, the not-for-profit sector and the scientific community
- Passion for success and positive “can do” attitude
- Proven ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, demonstrates business savviness