Trainee Corporate Citizenship
LafargeHolcim is the leading global building materials and solutions company serving masons, builders, architects and engineers all over the world. Group operations produce cement, aggregates and ready-mix concrete which are used in building projects ranging from affordable housing and small, local projects to the biggest, most technically and architecturally challenging infrastructure projects. As urbanisation increasingly impacts people and the planet, the Group provides innovative products and building solutions with a clear commitment to social and environmental sustainability. With leading positions in all regions, LafargeHolcim employs around 90,000 employees in more than 80 countries and has a portfolio that is equally balanced between developing and mature markets.
The CSR Internship will primarily involve assisting in the implementation of human rights impact assessments and supporting country self-assessments. Also supporting in the annual Group stakeholder reporting validation process. Additional activities will include support in the training of country teams on CSR tools and guidance and supporting countries in the role out of the WASH initiative.
- Assisting in the completion of country human rights impact assessments.Support countries to implement human rights self-assessment by conference call.
- Assistance with Annual Reporting review.
- Assist the CC Manager with validation of country reporting.
- Assistance with training of CSR tools & Guidance:
- Assisting in the training of country teams on CSR guidance and tools.
- Assist with other CSR activities such as supporting countries on WASH
- The student should ideally have a master degree which includes modules for human rights, stakeholder engagement or sociology or related topics.
- Students with a master degree in sustainable development or a master of business administration will also be considered if they have a keen interest in gaining experience in the area of corporate citizenship.
- Previous work experience in CSR and specifically human rights would be an advantage.
- General SD experience would be preferred if no CSR experience
- Knowledge of human rights or CSR
- Knowledge of sustainable development
- Good, spoken, reading and writing skills, good spoken in German and or French would be an advantage.