Sustainability Partner and Researcher
IMD is a top-ranked business school based on the shores of Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland. We are the experts in developing leaders and transforming organisations through highimpact executive education. IMD’s unique environment enables the recruitment of the best people to meet its objectives.
The Sustainability Partner and Researcher will be IMD’s internal and external point of contact for all sustainability matters. He/she will coordinate IMD’s actions in the area of sustainability (in a broad sense, including ethics and corporate responsibility), gather data and conduct ad hoc research projects. The assignments could result in a variety of outputs, including institutional reports and publications. The work is carried out independently, with varying degrees of collaboration with a number of internal stakeholders such as the President’s office, the Dean of Faculty and Thought Leadership and specific members of the IMD Faculty. The position reports to the R&D Director.
Key activities & accountabilities
- Institutional projects: Working on specific institutional projects that reinforce IMD’s image of excellence in terms of sustainability. Developing and maintaining quality relationships with external accreditation bodies in the field of sustainability (e.g. EcoVadis, PRME).
- Accreditations: Collecting internal sustainability-related data and writing reports for submission to accreditation bodies.
- Data analysis: Gathering data from quantitative and qualitative sources, performing statistical and business analysis financial analysis, drawing conclusions and writing reports.
- Development of case studies: Gathering data from secondary sources and conducting interviews with senior executives in the case company. Structuring and writing the case study.
- Managing the relationships with the case company throughout the process, including receiving final sign-off to use the case in the classroom.
- Development of sustainability standards: Creating models, indicators, best practices, providing recommendations about sustainable development strategies. Following the latest advancements and issues in sustainability research.
- MBA (with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of business experience) or Master’s degree (with a minimum of 10 years of business experience)
- Proven experience in a “sustainability role” requiring analytical, writing and conceptual skills
- Strong international exposure
- Strong project management skills
- Managerial experience is a plus
- Research competencies: having produced case studies is a plus
- Experience in an academic or management consulting environment is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of trend analysis, ranking analysis, indexes and working with large datasets
- Strong research skills (data gathering, interviewing, hypothesis building, analysis, use of online sources such as ProQuest, Factiva, Datastream, CRSP, Compustat, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, to take the initiative and to drive projects forward
- Effective and excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with a broad range of senior stakeholders (R&D team, Faculty, general managers, accreditation professionals, etc.) across multiple parallel assignments
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must; French would be an advantage.
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our challenging environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to firstname.lastname@example.org