responsAbility is one of the world’s leading asset managers specializing in development-related sectors of emerging economies. These sectors comprise the areas of finance, agriculture and energy. responsAbility provides debt and equity financing to non-listed companies with business models that target the lower-income section of the population and can thus drive economic growth and social progress. responsAbility offers professionally managed investment solutions to both institutional and private investors.
- Review and validation of Energy Savings and Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions
- Support Financial Institutions (FIs) in identifying, developing and maintaining their green loans, monitoring FIs portfolios of renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) projects as well as environmental and social risk management systems
- Provide technical advice to Energy Investment Officers on debt transactions and in the assessment of energy efficiency/renewable energy market in key target countries
- Develop partnerships with key stakeholders in the Climate Finance space such as Development Financial Institutions, Energy Services companies, GHG Reporting Standards associations, etc.
- Manage and coordinate energy audits of RE/EE projects in order to create demonstration effects and kick-start demand
- Support internal and external carbon reporting on RE/EE lending activities
- Coordinate field work of external consultants under Technical Assistance programs together with the internal team
- Degree in engineering with background/experience in Energy Efficiency
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ of work experience either in EE project development, EE consulting or RE/EE investment firm
- Knowledge of Greenhouse Gas accounting
- Experience in an energy consulting firm preferred
- Knowledge of Banks’ operating model is a plus
- Strong motivation and desire to make a difference in the Climate Finance sector
- Proficiency in English required, Spanish and/or French will be considered as an advantage
- Willingness to travel a considerable amount of time (~30%); and possibly relocate in the future