Senior Energy Engineer Building Performance Sustainability (BPS)
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with around 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
- Support project development teams in international performance based projects and undertaking facility energy audits to ensure project quality as well as technical standards
- Review and approve energy savings calculations as part of Facility Improvement Measures (FIM) Portfolio to support successful projects development and facilitate internal approval processes
- Active assistance and collaboration with regions and Center of Competencies for exchanging expertise and developing synergies between different business lines and divisions for Distributed Energy Services (DES) applications in BPS; also support in developing specific process and scope of work in new constructions solutions
- Widen, update, manage and maintain a dedicated documentation for FIMs in terms of technical scope of work and specifications over the lifecycle (operation, maintenance, repair and replacement); collect lesson learned for projects and technical service solutions
- Actively participate to BPS Innovation Management Process: collecting, qualifying and evaluating the technical applicability of innovative concepts up to the roll-out to Center of Competencies and the regions as further portfolio development, improvement and refinement of the BPS energy offering, with main focus to Distributed Energy Systems.
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Energy or Energy Engineering, with experience in Distributed Energy Systems projects
- Engineering experience with Energy developing or supporting performance based projects (Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) / Performance Contracting (PFC)) and/or energy services and/or supply side
- Significant knowledge of business practices and the ability to resolve issues related to them
- Clear understanding of the different phases of ESPC project
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and demonstrate solid customer interpersonal skills
- Building Simulation Computer Modeling experience and working knowledge of Building Automation Systems (BAS) and/or Navigator is a plus
- Fluent in English, good German language would be helpful
- Minimum 5 years experiences in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.