Carbon Impact Specialist – a professional expert
responsAbility is one of the world’s leading asset managers specializing in development-related sectors of emerging economies. These sectors comprise the areas of finance, agriculture and energy. responsAbility provides debt and equity financing to non-listed companies with business models that target the lower-income section of the population and can thus drive economic growth and social progress. responsAbility offers professionally managed investment solutions to both institutional and private investors.
To measure the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) savings generated by investments made through the Global Climate Partnership Fund (www.gcpf.lu) and responsAbility Energy Access Fund. The role entails also professional and accessible presentation of complex topics and results to respected third party executives.
Your Main Tasks:
- Review and validate savings and greenhouse gas emission reductions from renewable energy and energy efficiency loans reported by Financial Institutions
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in the Climate Finance space such as Development Financial Institutions, Energy Services Companies, NGOs, GHG Reporting Standards associations, etc.
- Prepare carbon impact reporting to fund shareholders and board members
- Continuous development of Carbon MRV methodology and online tool
- Lead projects in close cooperation with external consultants under Technical Assistance programs
- Advise the investment team on the technical aspects of green lending programs: project pipeline analysis, loan eligibility reviews, baseline setting, etc.
- Become recognized as an internal competence center on energy markets, trends and high-potential sectors for energy saving methodologies and technologies
- Convene working groups of various stakeholders, both internal and external, to advance initiatives to increase the ease of reporting and raise the visibility and accuracy of various impact measurements
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years’ relevant work experience
- Proven practical experience in carrying out GHG emission reduction accounting in various contexts (renewable energy, energy efficient production lines, HVAC, machinery and/or household appliances)
- Experience in performing Energy Audits is a strong plus
- Familiarity with how IT systems can be structured to support productive information flows and convincing presentation of complex data
- Strong Excel skills and relevant affinity would be welcome
- Passionate about Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Former international exposure and experience in emerging markets are considered as a plus
Proficiency in English is required; Spanish skills would be an asset