Senior Sustainability Investing Analyst, Information Technology & Telecom
Founded in 1995, RobecoSAM is an investment specialist focused exclusively on Sustainability Investing. It offers asset management, indices, impact analysis and investment, sustainability assessments, and benchmarking services. Together with S&P Dow Jones Indices, RobecoSAM publishes the globally recognized Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) as well as the S&P ESG Factor Weighted, the first index family to treat ESG as a standalone performance factor using the RobecoSAM Smart ESG methodology.
RobecoSAM is looking for a Senior Information Technology (IT) Analyst to join its Sustainability Investing (SI) Research Team. The SI Research team provides thematic and company-specific research on financially material sustainability topics. The team is responsible for the methodology for RobecoSAM’s corporate sustainability assessment (CSA) which is used for the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, the leading corporate sustainability benchmark globally. Our research and unique sustainability insights are then integrated into the investment processes for the strategies of both RobecoSAM and our sister company, Robeco.
RobecoSAM gives analysts the unique opportunity to become a true specialist on their sector, a thought leader in the sustainability investing community, and a career as a sustainability analyst. The successful candidate will have a high degree of visibility with companies and investors, and closely cooperate with investment teams group-wide.
- Provide in depth and creative analysis of companies in the IT sector, addressing the most important sustainability issues of concern to investors
- Contribute to the development of the CSA and produce sector & company analyses to help investment teams identify new opportunities and make better informed investment decisions
- Take a leading role in driving the link between sustainability and business performance for both investors and companies
- Work with financial analysts (fundamental and quantitative) to demonstrate the value of sustainability research and how it can improve the risk-return profile of portfolios
- Publish articles, meet with clients and present at conferences
- Senior SI Research Analysts have three core competencies gained from working in the IT industry or as a financial analyst: sustainability, industry, and investment expertise (equity, credit or corporate finance)
- 5 years working experience in relevant fields, providing deep knowledge of at least two of the three core competencies above, plus basic knowledge of the third
- Master’s university degree in a relevant field, with experience and/or education in business, finance or economics, or CFA designation
- Knowledge of the standard financial valuation tools (e.g., DCF, EVA, multiples) and when and how to apply them
- Outstanding analytical skills, an entrepreneurial and business-oriented mind-set, and the ability to synthesize both corporate sustainability and financial information
- Ability to demonstrate how non-financial factors influence enterprise success on the one hand and investment returns and risk on the other, with in-depth, evidence-based research
- Creativity, flexibility and proactivity, and enjoy cooperation with different teams in an international setting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
As the legislations for work permits in Switzerland are very strict, we can only consider applicants who are either EU / EFTA citizens or already hold a valid work permit for Switzerland. Please indicate your nationality on your CV. Applications of candidates that do not fulfill these requirements will not be considered.Apply