Sr. Manager Strategy & Operations
The AD / Senior Manager Medical Strategy & Operations is primary responsible for leading and driving the operational planning, prioritization and execution of medical plans and budgets in OMA/GMA and assigned Franchise(s). Provides leadership and project management expertise to ensure a successful execution of strategic initiatives. This role ensures robust processes are in place to facilitate proper oversight and management of OMA activities at Global/Region/Country level.
- Leads the planning process to develop IDAPS (Integrated Disease and Product Strategy) and Integrated OMA strategic and tactical plans ensuring coordination with GMVA, Regions and key Countries.
- Leads in conjunction with Clinical Operations the strategic prioritization of the OMA Portfolio (NVS sponsored trials and IITs) across Global/Region/Countries.
- Responsible for coordinating the forecasting of OMA and GMA budgets (costs and headcount) together with Finance for main planning cycles (LF1, LF2, Budget). Supports budget consolidation and preparation for Finance board meetings.
- Partners with Finance to monitor the adherence to budgetary goals.
- Organizes and coordinates regular business reviews (GMA/Regions). Ensures key business metrics (KPIs, Financials, Trials milestones, etc.) tracking and reporting.
- Manages and drive key projects and strategic initiatives to successful execution and measurable business impact as well as preparing and presenting regular updates.
- Support with internal communication and communication platforms (e.g. weekly/monthly communication efforts, SharePoint site management, Town Halls, etc.)
- Deliver ad-hoc requests from CMO, Head of Medical Business Operations and other GMALT/OMALT members
- Can deputize as GMALT/OMALT Chief of Staff (agendas, document preparation, minutes and key follow-ups)
- Advanced degree in life sciences, chemistry or related discipline; or MBA plus extensive healthcare experience preferred
- Fluent English (oral and written)
- ≥7 years relevant experience
- ≥5 years or equivalent multi-/cross functional program or project management experience
- Proven record of accomplishments that demonstrate strong strategic project management, analytical and multitasking skills.
- Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical drug development process and medical affairs activities
- Knowledge of resource (budget and headcount) planning and management.
- Well organized, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects, excellent time management skills with respect to priorities and self-management
- Ability to critically and objectively interpret and evaluate scientific and commercial information.
- Significant experience, and proven ability to effectively communicate, engage and manage associates from widely varying backgrounds & functions within a dispersed and highly matrixed organization
- Excellent analytical, process-oriented and data driven mindset - A proven ability to “see beyond the numbers” and provide insight