Intern - Portfolio Management / Investment Solutions Team
BlueOrchard was founded in 2001 by initiative of the UN as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide and since evolved into a leading impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and sustainable growth while providing attractive returns for its investors. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, BlueOrchard has offices in Cambodia, Georgia, Peru, Kenya, Luxembourg, Singapore and Geneva. To date, the company has deployed over USD 5bn in impact investments across 80 emerging and frontier markets, enabling social impact.
- Support portfolio analytics, portfolio management, research and management reporting;
- Creating and improving various quantitative and qualitative reports;
- Independently work on projects and manage stakeholder relationships;
- Support sales and marketing activities, such as newsletters and due diligence.
- Excellent academic performance, preferably in natural sciences and mathematics, engineering, finance, business administration or related fields;
- Strong quantitative, conceptual and problem solving skills;
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to multitask and cope with time pressure in demanding situations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (advanced VBA skills in using Excel a strong plus);
- Proficiency in English (French a plus).
- Sincere interest in sustainability and social impact in emerging and frontier markets;
- Self-starter with strong work ethics, commitment and positive energy;
- Excellent team player with high service orientation;
- Proactive, result-driven, able to work in a fast paced environment, flexible with “hands-on” approach and willingness to perform both technical and administrative tasks;
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to assist other team members.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/ Deadline for application is 31 July 2018. Expected start date is September/October 2018.