UX Designer (part time 60%)
algrano is a Swiss tech startup that changes the global trade of coffee. Using technology, algrano has set an ambitious goal to revolutionise the centuries old coffee trade industry and make it more transparent. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe. Awarded at its launch in 2015 as the best innovation by European Coffee Association, algrano counts more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world.
As a UX Designer, you'll play an integral role in crafting our digital experiences for coffee roasters and coffee producers around the world. You will work collaboratively with the Product Manager, the Digital Marketing Manager and software developers to create clever and innovative designs for new and existing products based on user needs, product requirements, and business objectives. Your tasks will include:
- Conduct user research to understand customers needs, validate assumptions, and drive design decisions
- Understand the customer journey and advise on the approaches to drive the optimal experience
- Drive the design process through ideation, research, prototyping and wireframing
- Deliver UI prototypes and mockups
- Negotiate and articulate your design decisions thoughtfully
- Understand and use team feedback to inform and improve your designs
- Knowledge of wireframe tools such as Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Wireframe.cc etc.
- You use both sides of your brain. You consider problems with analysis and solve them with creativity.
- You’re flexible and adaptable. You know priorities change and you’re ready to pivot.
- You’re a great communicator. You know how to present your work and tailor the delivery to your audience, whether a crowd or one on one.
- You have 2+ years experience as a UX or UI designer in a startup, mid-size, or agency setting.
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile methodologies.
- Eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.