Intern - Investment Team (6 months)
BlueOrchard was founded in 2001 by initiative of the UN as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide and since evolved into a leading impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and sustainable growth while providing attractive returns for its investors. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, BlueOrchard has offices in Cambodia, Georgia, Peru, Kenya, Luxembourg, Singapore and Geneva. To date, the company has deployed over USD 5bn in impact investments across 80 emerging and frontier markets, enabling social impact.
Objective of the BlueOrchard’s internship program is to create a pool of professionals who are passionate about impact investment and might be interested in exploring further opportunities with BlueOrchard as they may arise.
- Support in monitoring and analyzing Micro Finance Institutions and independently perform investment-related tasks;
- Conduct desk research regarding country risk, regulatory and competitive environment of local investees as well as potential new markets;
- Support the investment team in portfolio analysis and investors reporting.
- Excellent academic performance, preferably in finance, business administration, related field or a similar professional experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills in Excel. VBA skill is a plus;
- Proficiency in English;
- Reliable and committed, self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy;
- Proactive, result-driven, flexible with “hands-on” approach and willingness to also perform administrative tasks.
Preferred starting date: October 1st, 2018.Apply
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter.
Application deadline is 15.08.2018.